SolarCraft is Awarded Novato Green Business of the Year
Marin County Solar Company Receives Recognition
SolarCraft has been selected by the Novato Chamber of Commerce (NCOC) as the inaugural recipient of its Novato Green Business of the Year Award. In business since 1984, SolarCraft celebrates its 26th year providing renewable energy services to the North Bay. SolarCraft offers full-service solar electric, solar pool heating and solar hot water, including consulting, design, sales, installation, monitoring and maintenance.
More than 120 chamber members were joined by state Senator Mark Leno, Assemblymember Jared Huffman and Supervisor Judy Arnold at a recent awards ceremony.
"SolarCraft has installed more than one million square feet of solar collectors in Northern California," notes President and Founder Bill Stewart. "These installations generate clean energy and save customers more than $8 million in electrical costs annually while eliminating more than 24,000 tons of greenhouse gasses each year. Both solar thermal and solar electric systems help customers reduce their carbon footprint and save money at the same time."
SolarCraft, in detail
- SolarCraft was certified a "Marin County Green Business" in 2003.
- SolarCraft is an established, renewable energy company and a sought-after employer in the renewable job market.
- The company has been named one of the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work three consecutive years, encourages employee volunteerism and employs local, skilled professionals.
- Active among North Bay professional groups with focus on community leadership and development, SolarCraft supports programs such as the Novato Art & Wine Festival, Business Showcase and Marin Home Show, among many other green events.
- Local causes supported include Safe Grad Night, Novato Human Needs Center, Novato Lacrosse, Boys and Girls Club and Newspapers in Education.